This is my second-last net-worth updates report for the year 2017. For those new to my finance journey, net worth update is a simple report I post every month which tracks the progress of my journey to reach my financial goals.
My ultimate financial goal is to become a self-made millionaire by December 2024 (10 year plan) by saving and investing in stable dividend paying blue-chip companies.
I am posting all my financial information in this website because I love to inspire and motivate people to start their own journey to reach their financial freedom.
You could learn from my successes and failures (experience) and improve your financial IQ.
Along the way, I make financial mistakes and will share my experience here with you. So, you could learn something, avoid those mistakes and save money.
Also, I like to publickly track my progress and get valuable advice from like-minded people.
In November 2017, my net worth increased by $5300 or 2.83% from my last month updates.
Last month I received three pay-checks from my day-job. For those, who receive bi-weekly salary know that we receive three pays twice a year. Therefore, my net-worth got little boost my day job salary :).
This is fairly very short post as I just wanted to spend my time with family and friends.
I wish you a wonderful and healthy holiday, and joyful new year 🙂
Net worth update as of November 30, 2017 ()
Assets: $520 700 ()
- Cash: $1000 (no change)
- Home: $275 000 (no change) – Yearly adjustment with average inflation rate of 2%
- Canadian Stocks: :$186 700 ( )
- U.S. Stocks: $42 500 ()
- Employer’s Pension Plan: $15 500()
Liabilities:$328 400 ()
- Mortgage : $178 100 ()
- Student loan: $22 200 ()
- Margin loan: $58300 ()
- Credit card 1:$6200 ()
- Credit card 2:$17 900 () (low interest credit card – 1.99% special rate for 12 months – will be expired in March 2018)
- Credit card 2:$11 000 () (low interest credit card – 0.99% special rate for 12 months – will be expired in March 2018)
- Line of Credit 3: $4600 (no change) (low interest credit card – 0% special rate for 12 months – will be expired in June 2018)
- Credit card 5: $6000 (no change) – (low interest credit card – 1.99% special rate for 10 months – will be expired in February 2018)
- Credit card 6:$0 ( ) – (regular expenses)- high interest rate of 19.99%.
- Line of Credit 1 :$14 300 () – (low interest credit card – 2.99% special rate for 12 months – will be expired in February 2018)
- HELOC: $9800 () – (low interest of 3.45% – primte + 0.5%)
Net worth :$192 300 () as of November30, 2017
My net worth up by since my last update.
- all amounts are rounded to the nearest $100;
- all numbers are in CAD; and
- Conversion rate 1.00 USD = 1.2885 CAD
I have a huge credit card debts because I take advantage of low balance transfer promotion rate and invest in high quality dividend stocks. Learn, earn, save,invest and leverage your skills are the keys to become wealth.
Thank you so much for being in my finance journey and for your support.