This is my fourth net worth updates report for the year 2016. For those new to my finance journey, net worth update is a simple report I post every month which tracks the progress of my journey to reach my financial goals.
My ultimate financial goal is to become a self-made millionaire in 10 years by saving and investing in stable dividend paying blue-chip companies.
In April 2016, my net worth decreased by $200 or 0.15% due to some expenses and stock market performance.
We spent around $275 to buy a quality front-facing car seat for our little one.
We would have purchased something for less than $150. But we travel a lot, so babies need a comfortable seat to set/sleep for long travels. We spent little extra money ($125 more) to buy a quality one.
We really made a good choice with this car seat. He is enjoying the ride with us 😀 .
We also spent around $200 for car regular maintenance – engine & transmission oil change and break-pad clean up after winter season. We are getting ready to go for few road trips for this summer 😀 .
Nowadays my net worth gain (or loss) is more related on my investments performance.
A few years ago, when I had a small portfolio, my net worth gain was related to my saving rate from day jobs. So, I was able to post gain for almost all the time.
Now my investments have grown above $190K. Even an one percent move makes big different in my net worth 😀 .
Another big contributor to my net worth is dividend income. I received over $640 dividend in April 2016 from more than 30 high quality companies and ETFs.
Now, let’s look at my net worth in numbers.
Last month, my net worth decreased by $200 or 0.15% from my last update.
Year-to-day gain is $19 000.
Net worth update as of April 30, 2016 ()
Assets:$463 900 )
- Cash: $500 ()
- Home: $270 000 (no change) – Yearly adjustment with inflation
- Canadian Stocks: :$153 300 ( )
- U.S. Stocks:$35300 ()
- Employer’s Pension Plan: $4800()
Liabilities:$336 000 ()
- Mortgage :$187 300 ()
- Student loan: $25 900 ()
- Margin loan:$61300 ()
- Credit card 1:$8600 (no change) (low interest credit card – 0.99% special rate for 10 months – will be expired in September 2016)
- Credit card 2:$9900 () (low interest credit card – 0.99% special rate for 12 months – will be expired in March 2017)
- Credit card 3: $24 300 (no change) (low interest credit card – 0.99% special rate for 10 months – will be expired in November 2016)
- Credit card 4: $0 ()
- Credit card 5: $0 (no change)
- Credit card 6: $0 () (low interest credit card – 1.99% special rate for 6 months – will be expired in April 2016)
- Credit card 7:$500 () – (regular expenses)- high interest rate of 19.99%.
- Line of Credit 1 : $11 000() – (low interest credit card – 2.99% special rate for 12 months – will be expired in April 2017)
- HELOC:$7200 () – (low interest of 3.35% – primte + 0.5%)
Net worth :$127 900 () as of April 30, 2016
My net worth up by since my last update.
- all amounts are rounded to the nearest $100;
- all numbers are in CAD; and
- Conversion rate 1.00 USD = 1.28 CAD
I have a huge credit card debts because I take advantage of low balance transfer promotion rate and invest in high quality dividend stocks. Learn, earn, save,invest and leverage your skills are the keys to become wealth.
Thank you so much for being in my finance journey and for your support.
Please note: This post contains affiliate links